Friday, January 1, 2010

Reflection on 2009

I started this blog one year a go to hold myself more accountable to being consistent with my workouts. Although I still had my slumps I am happy with my general progress. I have definately set some PR's this year and the online coaching and support I have recieved has been great! It is not easy coming back from a 3 week Fitness vacation and posting a terrible time for everyone to read. I hope I have motivated other people to get better by posting my times and loads; I know other bloggers such as Pat and Tommy motivate me to work harder.

As for 2010 I am going to be more realistic with my training, understanding that I am no longer a student and time is precious. I set the goals I did because I know they are realistic this year. My Olympic lifts and Press goals will be reached by getting stronger and seeking out expert coaching in my area. I plan on getting my Level 1 Alberta Weightlifting Certification and becoming a weightlifting club. I can then invite some great coaches and athletes to train at my facility or go to theirs and train.

My "Work" Goals will be obtained by staying consistent. No matter where I am with work I should be able to have a KB or atleast do some BW workouts. A sub 4 Fran will come with getting stronger. My KB goal will come with training similar to how I trained for the TSC.

Finally, I believe my gymnastics goals will be obtained by not being lazy in my warm-up and on rest days. I have to be inverted EVERY DAY. HSPU have been a weakness of mine forever and the only way for me to get really good is to practice everyday. I hope to be writting something similar to this in a year from now and be able to knock out a bunch of HSPU without a problem.

Well, no matter where this year takes me with work, my gym and just life stuff, I want to stay more focused on my training and reach my goals. I am not looking to becomes the next CrossFit Games Champion, I just want to be strong and improve at my weaknesses. As for knowledge, I look forward to learning as much as I possibly can about training, nutrition and coaching.

Happy New Year Everyone!

PS Steve if you read this....please start blogging again...I miss you buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment