Monday, February 8, 2010

Where I am & Where I am Going

Where I am
Today I felt out a few max's in preperation for my new programming.
Back Squat
140kg
145 miss - would have been PR
Bench
80kg - really pathetic looking forward to getting better at this
Deadlift
180kg
187.5 miss - would have been PR

Surprised I am so close to my PR's in lifts and have not been lifting much. Although, big picture I have not made huge gains in a year or CrossFit.

Where I am going
Going to give Wendler 5/3/1 a go for 8 - 12 weeks. It fits well with my goals of getting stronger and will be a nice routine working on the rigs. As a coach I will expand my experiences into another strength program. Goals are a 200kg deadlift, 160kg squat, 80kg press, 105kg bench, 25 strict pull-ups & 30 ring dips. We will see how it goes. The plan is to do this up until end of April at the latest and then focus into getting my MetCon back and working with heavier MetCons before the FootBall cert. With this program, I can and will integrate conditioning workouts when I feel ok to do so.

Tomorrow I might tackle Fran as a benchmark of where I am right now. It is a goal for this year to be sub 4 and I plan on achieving that along with my other goals. It has been a slow start but I am re motivated now.
(140kg squat)

3 comments:

  1. I think the Wendler 5/3/1 will serve you well especially if it is only one lift a day, you should be able to recover effectively and hit some metcons. Next week I'm starting a new strength cycle myself - we can compare % gains to see which works better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should focus on a set strength routine. Wendler's is very popular right now and the best way for you to learn about it is to do it. Then when your athletes ask about it, you can give them a very knowledgable answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the lifts, Sean. Good to see you tackling the heavy weights and that you've kept stride.

    However, perhaps a formula to you getting to that 160K squat would be to change the music you listen to when you train and lift for M.E. I mean, what is that anyway? HA! Had to say it...

    Obviously kidding. Good luck in the new program. I'll be watching your blog and curious to see the results.

    ReplyDelete