Monday, May 25, 2009

CrossFit Edmonton

Just got back from CrossFit Edmonton, I had a blast. They have a super nice facility and a great group. I think there were about 10 - 12 people and a good mix of males/females. We did a "grinder" Push Press 3-3-3-3-3. I have never done it this way....but I like it. Usually I warm up and hit all three near a 3 rep max attempt. Today I hit 95-135-145-155-165x2 with a bit of a jerk. My overhead is still weak but its great to work on it again, I just pressed the other day but didn't blog it.
WOD
3 rds
10 chest to bar pullups
10 front squat at 165lbs
10 burbees
9:40
This was a great WOD. The weight was a bit heavy, I might have had a better power output by lowering it a bit but peer pressure doesn't accomodate scaling ...haha.

I loved the group setting at this gym, they have everything dialed in and down to a T. I want to learn as much as I can about how they became so successful. I look forward to training there again and picking the brains of the owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment