Friday, July 10, 2009

Trying to hit more Variance

If you have been following the CrossFit Games you have seen the difficulty that will be involved in day 1. Not all the events have been released but the first two look brutal! I hit a workout today on no sleep and low energy to see how I would feel....it crushed me.
10 rounds
275lbs Deadlift 3 reps
Ring Dips 6 reps
Knees to Elbows 9 Reps
23:53

Tomorrow I will be rested and I will hit another couple WOD's. I am excited to see how the Games turns out. CrossFit Calgary did awesome in the affiliate challenge....they were top five leading into the last event but slipped to 13th. Still a stellar effort! I am really looking forward to working with them.

1 comment:

  1. Sean,

    Yeah, I love seeing the run in the CFG. Not just any run, but a trail run, with ups and downs, bushes, mud, etc. I have always thought trail running..back in the woods or mountains was the "functional" thing I can do. Adding this event really makes it seem like it is about finding the fittest people, not just those who can produce the most work in the 5min domain (last year). The games should be good. OPT has got to love today's events. I think Speal will do well too.

    How about Speal's 100 pull-ups. I have been liking Maxfit's WODs this week. Good to see you still doing them. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete