Thursday, April 16, 2009

Chicago then Lima, Peru!!!!


So this weekend I am very excited about going to the CrossFit nutrition certification with Robb Wolf. I have been working through my final exams, (still have one left before I leave), and I am ready for a break. BUT I am even more excited about a trip Dani and I planned last minute to go to Lima, Peru for the Level 1 Certification and CrossFit Games regional qualifiers. I am not sure if I will be going to the qualifiers but I am looking into it. Either way it is going to be an amazing experience. I was talking with Jaime from CrossFit Peru and he told me some of the trainers that will be coming. The list includes: Dave Castro, Lisa Lugo, Maggie Dabe-Colby, "and others." Coach Glassman might make an appearance. If you are a bit of a nerd when it comes to CrossFit, like me, this is a big deal. (being a CrossFit nerd is definitely better than being a treky, the only good thing about being a treky is the cool name).

Why am I going? Probably not the most rational thing I have ever done but I have to take advantage of the fact that I am young, with no mortgage, no job, and no kids. This is the time to travel, the next time I will be in this state is when I am retired. So....Peru here we come.

1 comment: