Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Shoulder Update

I can't say enough good things about my chiropractor. She had my shoulder problem dialed in right away and worked on it with ART. Here is the deal:
  • Nothing overhead for at least a week
  • Nothing that irritates it - which is push-ups, bench press and ring dips
  • Work on good posture - walk around the house with palms out, work with computer closer, drive with steering wheel closer etc.
  • Continue icing and applying deep cold
  • Before next appointment in a week, push the rules and see how it feels
I'm not looking forward to any of those except the last one. I have learned the hard way to not be an idiot with injuries. There is always an underlying issue with injuries. A previous injury was because one of my legs was shorter than the other. Another, because I sprained my ankle and was not wearing my heel lift. For this one, I think the underlying issue is my weak shoulder strength comparative to other lifts.

I may make up some WOD's or hit a few two a days in the upcoming weeks depending on my schedule. This is a busy time a year for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment