Thursday, January 29, 2009

"Nasty Girls"


Five of us did Nasty Girls at the new UWO gym. The workout Rx'd is:
3 rounds for time
50 squats
7 Muscle Ups
10 Hang Power cleans 135lbs

Murph and I went first, he beasted it coming in at 9:3oish....I finished shortly after in 13:39. We definatey got some spectators during the workout. I have a great deal of respect for crossfitters that do their workouts in globogyms. I don't know what it is but everyone wants to come talk to you while your working out or ask for "that 45lb plate over there" which clearly your not using. I was so winded near the end and someone said something to me....all I could do wave my arms at him to leave.

Just before Monika, PJ and Dani started the "personal trainers" tried to shut us down. It was an order from their Manager Michelle Harvey. Apparently the squat rack cages are not structurally designed for rings to hang on them. Who would have known???

Anyways, they got to finish their workouts and did an excellent job. The "personal trainers" turned out to be cool guys and seemed interested in what we do. They may even lift with us.

Funniest part of the whole workout was something I heard from a few guys regarding Dani and Monika doing pull ups and ring dips. I think this comment came after a few moments of staring with jaws open, "Man I cant even do one pull up or dip!"

I'm assuming everyone else was like me when I saw my first CrossFit workout..."I can do that!"

I hope they try it...but boy are they in for a surprise!

2 comments:

  1. haha man I wish I was there. I would have love to hear what they would say about the butterfly kip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean,

    Just inspire them with our moves and effort. I am sure they see you guys and think..what the..., those guys are going to break their necks. Keep at it.

    ReplyDelete