Friday, January 30, 2009

Lifelong Learning

(Murph (aka fire-breather) crushing Nasty Girls the other day)
Elizabeth
21-15-9
Squat Cleans 135lbs
Ring Dips
14:49

I was hoping for a bigger improvement since the last time I did this back in May, in Calgary, with my Dad. My last time was 16 min, but my dad, (an Olympic lifter), had my technique dialed in before and during the workout. This time my technique was sloppy and inefficient. O-Lifts haven't been a focus of mine for a while but I will come back to them.

I feel like the more I learn, and the more I read, the more I realize I really don't know a whole lot, if that makes sense?. This can be applied to CrossFit or even life in general. Ever since my Level 1 cert I have realized there is a boat load of learning to do to make myself a better athlete. Learning about fitness and nutrition is something I really enjoy but is hard to commit to with life's other responsibilities. But who doesn't enjoy writing a comparative essay on the tenure of former Ontario Provincial Premier Bob Rae and Alberta Premier Ralph Klein?? I shouldn't complain about being a student, it is a nice break from working hard to keep Canadians warm and it is a hell of a lot better than being "down range". It does divert my learning from nutrition and fitness and narrows it in on business and politics. Although, when I learn more about politics and realize I really do not know a whole lot....I'm not too bothered.

No comments:

Post a Comment