Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Campus Recreation Centre

Rest Day

I am excited to see the new Campus Recreation Centre that Western built. I am going to move my AM workouts from the base to here. I plan on starting up a SS routine (thanks Pat) Mon, Wed and Friday at 7 or 8 am for anyone interested. Tuesdays and Thursdays I want to either hit the pool, C2 or treadmill for a Crossfit Endurance WOD (those will be at 7 am). All are welcome.

On top of that will do Crossfit London WOD's 4 - 5 times a week. Will this be too much? What do you think? I'm not sure I will have to feel it out. I have held a similar routine before for a month and a half and felt good. I will just have to listen to my body and rest if I feel I need it. Diet, sleep stretching and other recovery techniques will be crucial to my success. Sunday's will always be a full rest day.

5 comments:

  1. Your plan seems solid. Listen to your body and act accordingly. Keep us up to date with the UCC letting you workout bare chested and shoeless.

    Now I am just pulling your chain. Sorry. I'll be more nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. right on thanks for the advice...Once i break the staff into our bare chested and shoeless antics i'll invite you out for a WOD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will not be bare chested or shoeless but I will come with you if the gym opens early enough. I am glad that most people at the gym stay away from the C2 rowers so we won't have to wait in line to get on one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this maybe too much if you purpose of doing SS is to get stronger. Per Rips, doing anything in addition to SS, is not SS. The ideal behind SS, is just focus on strength training.

    The SS routines are intense. I could only do them for about 2-3weeks (and I did not do additional METCONs), then I had to scale it back and talor it to fit my life.

    You can do all the work and listen to your body, but I do not think you will get the same strength gains as just focusing on a strength cycle. But, if you goal is to just continue with GPP development, then by all means do this, just watch for overtraining symptoms.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat,
    I appreciate the input, you are right. I am setting myself up for over training. I can see myself scaling back the SS. The main reason I haven't done SS is because of the amount of time away from Metcons. I'll see how I feel and how fast I recover. My results and progress will not lie. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete