Friday, January 16, 2009

What's with Murph?

Murph has always been a top performer in the gym but it seems like he has been crushing everything lately. 380lb back squat for 5, 145lbs press for 5, 209 OHS for 5, and today he crushes the WOD i did yesterday, posting a 10:41. He has been taking some time off from the met-con workouts and focusing on SS. I know for a while he did strickly SS workouts. What is going to happen when he gets back into more met-cons? Will I still have an advantage because he can't run or do situps? We'll have to go head to head in some benchmarks when you get back from Italy Murph and see how much of a beast you are becoming.

Warm Up
Dynamic stretching
CFWU x 1
3 rounds of Cindy for time...2min ish
CFHQ WOD
For time:

10 GHD Sit-ups
10 Hip & Back Extensions
95 pound Thrusters, 30 reps
50 Pull-ups

30 GHD Sit-ups
30 Hip & Back Extensions
95 pound Thrusters, 20 reps
35 Pull-ups

50 GHD Sit-ups
50 Hip & Back Extensions
95 pound Thrusters, 10 reps
20 Pull-ups

32:21

I think I might have got more out of this WOD if I scaled it. I wasn't connecting on the GHD situps and the Thrusters buried me.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be away all of February doing mainly body weight wods/metcons. I'm going to focus on my pushups and situps along with some of the more complex gymnastic holds/moves. Hopefully the snow has melted by the time I get back so we can go head to head on a run situp type wod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, i know you`re going to work on your weakness and come back and crush WOD`s. I look forward to competing, hopefully I can keep up.

    ReplyDelete