Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New Plans


Press 5x5
WU
45lbs x 5 x 2 sets
65 x 3
85 x 2
work set
100 x 5
106 x 5
106 x 5
106 x 4
106 x 5
(PJ vs. Jacque - When is it going down?)

After speaking with a few people and really listening, I am making some modifications to my initial fitness plans. I will not be doing SS workouts three times a week just single lifts, the SS workouts will be too intense on my body for what I want to achieve. I am going to gradually build myself up in training hours. So this week I will do 6 training sessions. Next week and the week after 7, and increasing from there. Jumping into a 2 a day training cycle may be ok for a month or so but I will probably hit a wall after that and see signs of over training. I am going to gradually ease into it so I am still making gains a month from now.

What Coach D said makes a lot of sense, "it takes great training maturity to cut your training time back knowing that your recovery time is more important than your training time." Although training is fun, if I want to make continual gains I have to ease in to a more rigorous schedule. This will best let me achieve long term goals.

Thanks to all that have given me advice and helped me out with this, (Pat, Dave, Murph and Steve).

4 comments:

  1. I can't make this Friday night (or next one for that matter) so we will need to find another date for the PJ vs Jacquie challenge. Maybe a Saturday sometime unless you guys want to make a 7am appearance one day.

    P.S. I pressed 95lbs for five reps on Monday night so we may need to have a Sean vs Jacquie press off in the near future :)

    I would also be down for some squash sometime if you and Dani are planning on playing regularly. I don't really know the actual rules but I used to play at the YMCA back in high school and would love to get back into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would play squash too. Let me know if you guys are interested. Amy plays too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yoooooooooooooooooooooo, I'm down for squash too, Western courts are really nice! Jackster you're going down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Squash T time at 9:30 Sat morning at the new gym on campus for anyone interested.

    ReplyDelete